Resident Application Process
Prospective residents apply to be part of the International House community, not for a particular room. We highly encourage all applicants to review the website, our resident handbook, and/or contact us directly with any questions prior to applying online or to signing a Housing Agreement.
- Applicant will be required to register by visiting the online application site. Click on Register tab on the top left-hand side and complete form to generate username and password needed to access online admissions.
- Use username and password to log into online Application for Residence.
- Complete all fields in online Application for Residence and make $50 non-refundable application payment.
- After the application payment is received successfully, the applicant will receive an email confirming receipt and processing. The email will contain a link to a copy of the International House Housing Agreement and its associated terms and conditions. Applicants generally receive this confirmation email within 72 hours after receipt.
- Applicants will be required to email or send a letter to the Assistant Director for Housing Administration, Marketing, and Assessment verifying and confirming current classification with the institution listed on your Application for Residence.
- Verification documentation will be reviewed by the Assistant Director for Housing Administration, Marketing, and Assessment. If documentation satisfies requirement, you will receive an email from the Assistant Director for Housing Administration, Marketing, and Assessment. If documentation fails to satisfy requirement, you will receive an electronic letter of rejection from the Assistant Director for Housing Administration, Marketing, and Assessment.
- Upon receipt of email confirming classification documentation meets requirements, the applicant should log onto online admissions account to continue to the second portion of the online admissions process and complete Housing Agreement portion and pay the $250 deposit.
- The applicant will receive an Acceptance letter. This letter will be sent electronically to the current email address on file. The Acceptance letter confirms that your Housing Agreement has been accepted and that a space has been reserved for you based on the term you applied for. Acceptance letters will only be sent if a completed Application for Residence, associated payment, classification documentation, and completed Housing Agreement are on file.
- The room assignment process is separate from the admission process. The Room Assignment letter confirms your specific room assignment for the term applied for. See the Resident Handbook for additional information on room assignments. Generally, all Room Assignment letters for an upcoming academic year are sent by mid-August. Internal deadlines for Room Assignment letters related to summer and quarterly agreements vary. Please refer to the website and/or E-ssentials Newsletters for additional information. Please remember that your Acceptance Room Assignment letter confirms our housing guarantee for the term applied for.