Help International House document the experiences of the UChicago community during the COVID-19 pandemic.
We want to hear from all members of our worldwide community!
You can help us document this significant moment in history by contributing your story. Tell us about your experience during the pandemic: on campus, at home, in the lab, in the field, or wherever you are in the world. What have you seen, felt, and done?
Be creative and find a medium that works for you.
Who we want to hear from:
- Students: Tell us what it is like to be the first group of UChicago students impacted by a pandemic in over 100 years.
- Faculty: How has the pandemic affected your teaching, research, and interactions with students? How has it affected your life outside of work?
- Staff: Are you working remotely? Are you on the front lines? What is it like? How has life changed for you?
- Alumni and Community Members: What has your experience been in your communities—how have things changed? What is life like in a time of social distancing and quarantining? We are especially interested to hear about experiences of residents on the South Side of Chicago.
Tell Your Story:
- Write it down. It could be a diary, a letter, a blog post, an essay, a poem, a screenshot of a social media post.
- Speak it. Record a voice memo or video.
- Show us. Take photos. Create a work of art.
- Collect it. Your yard sign, your thank-you note to the postal worker in your front window, your child's art.
Please FILL OUT OUR FORM and provide as much detail as you can.
Your submission must include an email address in case we need to contact you, but the email will not become part of the public collection. You may also choose to anonymize your submission.
There is no deadline for submissions.
**Note that your submissions may be shared with the Special Collections Research Center at the University of Chicago.