How can data help save homelessness? What is the status of individual rights in court cases involving the police? Where will psychedelic drugs take us next? How can we protect consumers online? What is the role of arts in community life? Explore these questions and more by joining UChicago faculty for our fall Harper Lectures.
Discover a world-changing idea: register for a Harper Lecture today.
Manage your profile, update your contact information, post photos, network, become a mentor, and more.
Volunteer or Get Involved with Alumni Clubs
You’ve experienced firsthand the transformative nature of a UChicago education. Now share your knowledge and experience with others. Regularly volunteering just a few hours of your time provides valuable support to the community, your peers, future students, and the ongoing vitality of the University.
We invite you to support this unique global community with a tax-deductible gift to the International House Annual Fund. Your gift helps sustain and strengthen the International House mission; one that remains vital in today’s global society.
Annual Fund Gifts
Make your gift today
Making Life Count
Gift planning options to benefit both you and International House.
Learn more about Gift Planning
Gift Planning Newsletter
Publications for I-House Alumni & Friends
- I-House Annual Report of Activities (2021-2022)
- University of Chicago Magazine
- The spring issue of the UChicago Magazine is online! Some of the magazine features include:
- Librarian for the people: Under the leadership of Carla D. Hayden, AM’77, PhD’87, a revered institution is connecting Americans with their country through its treasures. Plus: “A Few of Her Favorite Things.”
- Peerless: Reflections from John W. Boyer, AM’69, PhD’75, on three decades leading the College.
- Some drum: In 1938 Big Bertha answered the Big Apple’s call.
- Sounds reborn: How the University of Chicago Folk Festival built its own tradition. Plus: “The Dylan Mystery.”
- Plus: Love letters from Paris, Introducing the Institute for the Study of Ancient Cultures, and many more…
George Stigler, 50 Years Later
To mark the 50-year anniversary of I-House alumnus George Stigler’s seminal piece, “The Theory of Economic Regulation” ProMarket is publishing a new eBook examining his theory’s past, present, and future as part of the Stigler Center’s George Stigler 50 Years Later symposium. It is based on a series of articles that previously appeared in ProMarket and, in a concluding piece, Filippo Lancieri and Luigi Zingales propose a test of whether a proposed regulation has been ‘captured’ by special interests or not by examining three ways that industries may influence regulators.
Read the newest e-book: George Stigler, 50 Years Later
Zhenan Bao, SM’93,PhD’95
PROFESSIONAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARD:
I-House alumna Zhenan Bao, SM’93, PhD’95, is department chair and K.K. Lee Professor of Chemical Engineering at Stanford University. Bao founded the Stanford Wearable Electronics Initiative in 2016 and serves as the faculty director.
CHICAGO BOOTH 2021 DISTINGUISHED ALUMNI AWARDS
I-House alumnus Luis Miranda, ’89
Chairman and Co-Founder
Indian School of Public Policy